Monday, October 20, 2008

12 Days of Halloween

So I figured out how to make myself post each day. For the upcoming 12 days of Halloween I will talk about things that I fear. Because Halloween often equals fear. I'm sure there are those of you who can't imagine how I will fill 12 days with things I fear, but surprisingly I have a lot of material.

So, without further ado, here is today's topic o' fear:

Spiders.

I do not like spiders. I fear them. Except for those little teeny tiny ones that jump. Those ones are cute. I don't know if it's the jumping or the tinniness but I just think they are super cute and I refuse to fear them. But all the other ones. The ones that are only slightly larger than teeny tiny and about as upwardly mobile as...fill in your own simile here. I have a couple, but they all seem wrong.

Anywho, I fear spiders. So imagine my dismay the other day when I got in the car at night to go home from grocery shopping and a spider was in the car. On the dashboard. About 2 feet from me. The spider seemed to be upset that I was in its domain. It decided to build a web on the dashboard while I drove. I was not a fan of this because it meant that the spider was in motion. Unfortunately for me, I was also in motion. I had to operate a death machine, I mean, car. In the dark. At night. So a lot of time it was too dark to see what the spider had in mind for me. Every so often I would pass under some source of light and see where the spider had ended up. It was sort of a scary death ride. And, perhaps most frightening, I have no idea what happened to the spider. So every time I get into the car I might be attacked. I imagine it inching its way up the driver's seat...closer...closer to my neck...until...wham....vampire spider bite. Oh...it's so chilling.

And for anyone who is wondering, no, no killing spiders. I let them be. I used to make Zach take them outside, but then I heard that inside spiders often die outside. So now, I just try not to notice them. Although we did have these crazy human-hungry spiders that built webs in the doorways of the house (the outside doors) and I did have to move them away from the house. They are huge spiders and apparently they only want to eat humans because they only make webs in our doorways. I cannot blame them. Zach and I would make quite a meal, but still, not cool.

If you want to be totally freaked out, you can check out some spiders here. Especially the one in the bottom right hand corner. I actually just jumped in my seat and kinda screamed a little bit.

1 comment:

Sara said...

"...screamed a little bit..." that's funny