Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007 Continued Continued

I, again, humbly suggest that you look at the first installment of the Christmas eve debacle or even better the post before that explaining why I am posting on Christmas Eve from Iowa. The CrapEye state. The HawkCrap state. Whatever clever name you want to make up for this stupid place.

6:51 PM -

Hm...so I've wiped down the fridge, done more dishes, itemized the food for when Zach returns eaten more food thus assuring weight gain, brought in the mail, organized my "papers", watched more of the Closer and napped a little. Gotten a bit more despondent and lonely. Is that wrong? Apparently, I can't be trusted alone for more than about 2 hours. Normally I would relish the time alone. It's fun to be by myself often. I've have been craving alone time since about July. But now that I am alone, I'm just not digging it. I think it's the holiday. I feel like for better or for worse, it's just better to be around people on a holiday.

Now it's 7 PM and I would like to believe that in 24 hours I will be landing in Phoenix, but it's just really hard to believe. I need to figure out how to entertain myself for a bit longer so that I can fall asleep and just wake up and go tomorrow. The best idea is to get up late and then get ready to go to the airport. Hopefully someone in a shuttle will be here to pick me up and take me to the airport. Then if the god of travel, William Shatner, is kind, perhaps I'll make it home.

For the 0 persons reading this- send good karma my way so that I can get out of here.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love you Rose and can't wait to see you. Your misery has made all of us faithful reader's christmas wishes come true...we have new Rose posts to read! It truly is a merry christmas! We will make up for your flight debacle with some great adventures and crafts.

pei said...

I hope Our Sweet Rose is home in AZ now. N.O.W. now kind of now 2:24pm on Dec 25, 2007.

You are right. Even though Chrisse Day is not the kind of holiday I celebrate, it's better for me to be around people.

I wish the sunshine in NJ would reach Iowa and your plane would fly.