Sunday, December 23, 2007

Delayed, Dejected, Depressed, Desgusted, De-Really? Really?

So. Today I was supposed to be winging my way to sunny Arizona. Or cloudy Arizona, whatever. I will take what I can get because it's gotta be better than snow, wind and the general crappiness that exists here in Iowa. But alas, I'm not doing that. I'm not sitting on the cramped plane with clenched fists and closed eyes repeating the mantra, "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful."* No, I'm sitting in my bedroom. Posting a blog entry. A very cranky blog entry. I've changed pants 3 times today, but they always end up being my cranky pants.

Why am I not on the plane now? Well, supposedly weather. I think more likely the airlines have been backed up for a couple days now and they are just saying it's weather so that they can take the people who have been waiting longer to their destinations and anger a fresh batch of people. I won't be going home until Christmas...maybe. I have a flight out at 1:05 PM on Christmas which may or may not then get me to my parents' house by 6:05 PM. I'm betting not, but I guess you never really know.

The really fun aspect? Zach's flight tomorrow is supposedly going to be just fine. So he'll be in AZ tomorrow morning at 9:20 AM. With my family. Which I suppose is great for him and all...except that I'm not there. I'm here. I suppose it would be more awkward if they had only met him once, but I suppose they all know each other pretty well.

I am not happy. I suppose I should just accept it and all, but I'm not much in the mood for that. I am apparently in the mood to pack on some last minute pounds that will allow me to be even more embarrassed to see all the people I haven't seen in a year. Oh yeah, I do look great, as in huge. As in imposing. Monolithic. Ginormous.

I really wanted the "getting back into posting" post to be a lot more entertaining than this. But that's why I haven't been writing. All I can do is complain. At least 2007 is almost over. Perhaps 2008 is going to be my year. Yes! I think 2008 will be my year. We will all refer to it as "The Year of Our Rose, 2008". So has it been written, so shall it be done.





* 10 points to anyone who can tell me what movie that's from.

1 comment:

ad hoc said...

WAB? Adam - 10, Rest of World - 0