- When we last left Z and I were going on a vacation with Z's family to Seattle and California. Successfully completed. Check that one off the list. We can discuss that more later. And I took photos, when I say "I", I mean, "Zach took photos". But I brought that camera and the memory cards and the batteries, so that's almost like I did it, right?
- When we got back from vacation. I took about a week to recover. The vacation was great. It was just a whirlwind, so I needed a little rest when I got back.
- Zach started his new job. A "permanent" job at the University Hospital Pharmacy. He's basically doing the same job he was doing before, but instead of working from 6:30 AM- 3:00 PM, he's working from 3 PM until 11:30 PM. He's adjusting well to the job and he likes it. I'm not adjusting as well. If I had my way, we'd spend every waking moment together, but now, we don't seem to spend quite that much together. Oh, whatever, Zach would tell you that we're together 14 hours a day for the most part, but I'm sleeping for part of that time.
- I started teaching my class. I'm in charge of the whole thing. If you need an introduction to cognitive psychology and you attend the U of Iowa, I'm your gal. I really do like it actually. It's just very work intensive and it's taxing to speak for 50 minutes straight each day. I'm sure you'd think I wouldn't have any problem, but trust me, it's tiring. But I do enjoy making the lectures and trying to provide the best education that I can.
- There was another natural disaster here in Iowa- this time a flood. A big, giant, inconvenient flood. I'll likely complain and rant about this again. For right now I'd like to just list the various horrible things that have happened in Iowa since I've lived here:
- Ice storms - knock out power and make it hard for me to leave the house
- Snowiest winter on record for a long time - again, stupid, crappy, not leaving the house
- Tornadoes- scary, frightening, can't leave the basement, F5 destroys at least one town
- Earthquake - seriously? Seriously, there are earthquakes in Iowa??
- Plane crash by my house - no, really, right down the street, heard the explosion, smelled gas, couldn't leave the block
- Flooding - yeah, classes canceled for a week, can't leave the house. Not a good time
- They canceled classes last week and no one could get to campus on the Friday before they canceled them, so I have 6 class periods that I now have to cram into the semester. That's not that cool.
- Keeping up with the whole wedding planning thing. Almost got that thing sewn up. We picked up my dress, crown, um, I mean, headpiece and veil yesterday. This weekend we are going to church class on Saturday for the day. That's gonna be awesome.
- Other than that, just working, missing Z, missing our neighbors (not the dinner-serving mormons, the other ones) who just moved out, working, eating gummy bears, being depressed about living in Iowa, working, watching British television, watching Twin Peaks, missing Zach, eating ice cream and working.
More to come, I'm working on it. I'm just very, very slow. But I'm always here for you.
3 comments:
upon first glance, the meaning that came into my head from this blog title was, "It´s possible that i was born 6 weeks early." Thats just how i think, rose. There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can´t.
As a follow up to Adam's comment, there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
I thought we were going a whole other way with the "premature" joke, but I'm glad we're keeping it G-rated.
That's funny about the binary. I got that joke and I've got to say, I feel really good about it right now.
Post a Comment