Friday, February 20, 2009

Busy like a Bee

Actually I never really understood that phrase. Are bees actually super busy? They never seem like they have any place to be or a real agenda or anything. They sort of seem like they just lazily move around stopping to smell the roses. Maybe that's just me.

So I wanted to write an awesome post that told a delightful coherent story or anecdote from my day. But then I realized that I've been working a lot lately and been stressed out so I'm going to go ahead and cut myself some slack and just write a bunch of random nonsense. Can't tell the difference between when I try to write a coherent story and don't? Screw you. Ok, no I'm sorry, that was harsh, we don't need to take it to that level. Let's just be friends.

I heard a story today about a chimpanzee that attacked a woman. This woman is now the first one in the United States to have a face transplant. Ok, let me just preface this by saying, this is a sad story and I kid because I love, not to be mean. That being said, "Really? Really?" We are living in a time in which the movie "Face Off" is finally a possibility? I was blissfully unaware that this might ever happen. Additionally, a chimp? Really? A chimp? That actually happened? You can have a chimp in your home? Also, a chimp is 200 lbs.? Apparently that chimp had to be stabbed and shot before it limped off and survived for awhile before succumbing to its wounds. I like to think of myself as a fairly educated person, but I must admit that I didn't realize that a chimp could get that big or strong. I guess that's because I don't spend a lot of time in the jungle or Connecticut. I can only assume that this chimp was angry because it had just seen "Bedtime for Bonzo" and was looking for a little revenge. I just don't know that I want to live in a world where I could be hanging out on the street one minute and being attacked by a chimp the next. Or a world in which it is possible to have John Travolta's face on Nick Cage's body. I'm not ready to accept that the future is now.

I'm going to ease back into the whole blogging thing. I think the key to life is moderation. I don't claim to practice moderation in general, but I've heard it's a good thing.

2 comments:

paigessss said...

Just randomly found your blog, wanted to point out that the woman attacked by the chimpanzee is not the first full-face-transplant, but she was transferred to the hospital where the first one was done... "Two of the first medical workers to treat the woman mauled by a chimpanzee in Connecticut this week described her nightmarish injuries Thursday as she was transferred to the Cleveland hospital that performed the nation's first face transplant."

Rose said...

Paige - I stand corrected. Apparently when confronted with stories about face transplants my ability to comprehend details is diminished.