Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sicko

I'm hoping to draw in the crowds randomly searching the interwebbing for somewhat obscure documentaries on the US health care system. The title also refers to me. I'm sick. It happens so rarely that I actually get a cold that when it happens it becomes that much more upsetting. So today I write to you from my bed where I have been for most of the day (I get up to go to the bathroom because I'm not an animal...and Zach refused to get a bedpan).

Zach has been super great about taking care of me today. He made me food, got me a steam bath with essential oils and brought me tea and orange juice. He's the best. Unfortunately he had to go to work. So he abandoned me to fend for myself. I'm sure that you are all gasping in horror at his insensitivity. It's ok. I mean, I ran out of tea so I have to go downstairs which might be difficult with my current state of dizziness, but I'm sure I'll manage somehow.

Other things on my fevered mind...I'm sorta concerned that my gums are receding? I'm not really sure how I have arrived at this conclusion or if it is true. Zach says it's not true, but that if it is and I lose all my teeth he'll still love me. Perhaps he will prepare an all smoothie diet for me as well.

I have a ton of work to do this weekend. A TON. But it's hard enough for me to string together the words that are necessary to make sentences for this blog, so I'm pretty sure that I plan to just lay in bed all day today. Well let's be honest, I've lain in bed all day today. I plan to continue doing this into the night. I didn't sleep that well last night. My throat hurts a bit and it keeps me up.

Ok, so I leave you with this thought, I've been flipping through the channels all day today and I can tell you that this weekend is only filled with bad mojo. At least 5 channels are showing reality shows about someone or multiple someones getting murdered. It's pretty crazy.

No comments: