Monday, February 23, 2009

Twins

On Friday, my beloved sent me this text message: "I'm sick of talking about it. I want to do it this weekend....Let's go out and buy matching sweatsuits! You want to tomorrow morning?!? Please!"

It's hard for me to express the joy that I felt upon receiving this text message. First of all, I derive great pleasure in dressing like twins. Second, I managed to marry a man who shares my passion. I've got to confess that this mutual love might be the final proof that we are in fact made for each other.

By Saturday afternoon we had found our outfits. Blue pants, blue shirt, orange sweatshirt. Even better we got smoking deals on the items. $12 pants, $17 sweatshirts and $7 shirts. AWESOME! I had thought that there was nothing so satisfying as buying matching outfits, but it turns out that getting those outfits for a steal is even more satisfying.

It's hard to express in words how wonderful we felt, but by Sunday we were wearing the outfits (freshly cleaned and laundered) and we took them out on the town. Here are some pictures, they don't quite do the outfits justice, but they do show our awesomeness. I can only hope that we can get more outfits in the future. Also, these outfits turned out to be super warm. I think they might be the best investment we've ever made.

This is Zach, looking awesome:



This is me, looking unsure, but pretty sure that this is the best day ever.


Sweatshirt on version:


Twins, am I right? You can't tell us apart.


The happy couple. Zach was so excited that he was moving the camera. This is the best shot we have of us. But perhaps in the future there will be more. I have a feeling that these matching outfits will be apart of our zany adventures for a long time to come.

3 comments:

Rose said...

i love that you always refers to people who dress alike as "twins". :)

-z

pei said...

very very cute.
how about same blue eye shadows? :P

Larry Jankens said...

Oh, Rose. Is this weird or romantic? Wait, the results just came in, it's weird!