I've really been phoning it in lately. If that term hasn't appeared on Jesse's blog it certainly should. I'm not going to bother to explain. I just find that I'm out of sorts a lot lately. By that I think I mean that I haven't really wanted to work in a long time. I mean, I go (sometimes) and I do things (sometimes), but I'm not the work horse that I once was. I think it's because I've reached a place where I'm not really digging what I'm doing. I call that place Iowa. I will say no more about it here for fear of the word getting out. The internet grapevine is strong. Plus, it's not really that bad, I just like to exaggerate for attention. I'm a bit of a drama queen in case you haven't noticed. Although, wow, just wow, if you haven't noticed.
Speaking of the internet, if anyone else is watching television lately, what is the deal with all of the shows having weird video games that killers are taking for reality? That's always been surprising to me, the number of shows or movies that will come out at the same time and have the same theme. What is the deal with that? (Did you use the Jerry Seinfeld voice to read that last sentence? If not, go back and do it again.)
Speaking of random transitions between ideas, here's one. I'm writing this post a couple days before posting it. I'm trying to cover all the bases before I leave for my conference on Wednesday (the 14th). I'll be gone until Sunday (the 18th) during which time I will miss Zach's birthday. I miss his birthday every year because of this conference. I have a paper to write, I need to practice what I'm going to say for my poster (which I am presenting at the conference), I need to figure out my comps topics and reading list and make appointments with people, I have to pack, print handouts, buy groceries - in short I have a lot to do. How am I tackling both the bevy of personal as well as professional tasks with which I am faced? I'm writing inane blog entries. That's my solution. That and listing everything I have to do about 5 different ways, just to make sure, you know, I really know what I have to do. I'm not doing it, but I've got it organized and planned really nicely. That should really count for something.
No comments:
Post a Comment