Friday, November 9, 2007

A Quickie with all the Usual Promises

Hi All (read: Jesse),

I just wanted to give a quick update and promise that I will write more later. I really, really will!

I recently took up charity work. About 7 months ago I decided to become a pen pal for a lucky prisoner inside the "Big House". It was a task that combined all my loves - writing "real" letters (not electronic) and helping out someone less fortunate but with whom I would never have personal contact. I got involved with a prisoner pen pal program and started writing. Just for you sensation-seekers - our relationship is strictly platonic- he seems to be a really interesting guy and was only in for a petty, white collar crime anyway.

Even more recently he was paroled and decided to get into the digital age. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much money yet and his halfway house only has a computer with dial-up and a long-line of people waiting to use it. So, he's asked me if he can guest blog for me. I think that would be awesome and I think you'll all like him too. Anyway, he said he sent me the letter, so hopefully soon it will arrive and I can post it here for you.

Other than that, I've got a couple other posts in the works. I'll get on that ASAP.

Best,
Your Blogger

No comments: