Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Thought the 100th Post would be Slightly More Exciting than This

You did too? Yeah, well, we can't always get what we want. Which is a shame. I could totally use a teacup piglet right now. I had a dream last night that there were miniature elephants, hippos and pigs and I was going to get to play with them. It was pretty awesome. I love all things tiny. It's too bad I'm not a giant because then the whole world would be tiny. Man, so many good wishes, so little time.

Speaking of little time, I'm sort of not working right now which isn't helping that conclusion get written or those papers get a final editizing (yep, that's a word, never mind what spell check tells you). But that's ok. It's only 7:40 in the morning. Hell, in AZ it's only 5:40 in the morning. So I've got plenty of time left in the day. Plus it's still really dark outside. Why? Well, I assume that it has something to do with the black clouds raining down um...rain. Raining down rain like clouds are wont to do (not very descriptive, huh?).

Anyway, I have to run a subject in about 15 minutes. If, IF, she shows up this time. Last time she didn't show and then sent me an email about how she was at the room, but no one came out to get here. That's bullshit for a bunch of reasons. 1) I compulsively check the hallway when I think someone is going to be here. I checked for her from about 7:45 until about 8:45 (her appointment was for 8 in the morning the other time too). 2) The door and hallway have multiple signs stating, "If you are late or have been waiting more than 5 minutes, please knock on the door." and 3) I could just tell she was lying. But honestly the first two reasons were super good. But whatever, I gave her the benefit of the doubt because I am nothing if not compassionate. So we'll see what happens this time. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, I take away your credit and smear your name on the internet.

This post is really a post of mixed blessings. On the one hand, I seem to be feeling pretty wordy today (that's word-a-licious for you sticklers for proper grammar), on the other hand, I don't really have anything to say. I guess you really do win some and lose some. Perhaps post 101 will be even more fantastic. One can only hope. I'm starting to feel a little less weighed down by my comps. I still think it's quite possible that I will fail. But then I get to get out of Iowa...and I think Heidi and Anthony just fixed up their guest room for us, so that should be nice.

Keep being excited about life people.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Did I mention that we offer continental breakfast?