Monday, April 14, 2008

Post 101 Even More Spectacular than Post 100

I feel as though I should keep it together and weave a coherent storyline for you. But then I also feel like, this is my blog, it's better than yours, and if I want to write a series of unconnected thoughts then I will.

  • I'm working on the wedding registries today. Why? Because when you get married you have to register for gifts...or so the Germans would have us believe*. In reality, Zach and I are poor and what do poor people need? Money. We don't need a waffle maker, but damned if I wasn't compelled to register for one. Oh well. But if you are looking for the perfect gift for us, it's money. We have most of the house things we need now...and we are going to move out of Iowa soon enough and don't need to be renting a giant moving van just to take stuff with us. Plus, Heidi and Anthony have a lot of stuff already, we can't be cluttering up their house with too much extra stuff.**
  • I'm at work today. Today was the first time in a long time that I didn't feel the oppression of work bearing down on me. It's a feeling that will come back soon as I prepare to orally defend (not like that Jesse, not like that) my comps. But for the moment, all is well because I have finished my papers. Each was 54 pages including references, appendices, figures and tables. That's 108 pages. It's also eerie that both were exactly 54 pages. Eerie or well-planned by someone with a hint of OCD? You be the judge.
  • Today, while at work, I cleaned my counter tops and sink and dusted. I also cleared off my desk and put things into neat little piles. Tomorrow I have to really start preparing for the defense, but I wanted to just take a minute.
  • Yesterday I was Zach's caddy for disc golf. That's golf with a Frisbee. Why was I the caddy? Well, there are a couple reasons. 1) I can't throw a Frisbee well 2) I get frustrated easily 3) While I am pretty sure that it was too cold for the ticks to be awake yet, I wasn't taking too many chances 4) I'm very good at knowing what needs to be done to be successful, but not doing it. For example, I taught my brother to roller skate and he's good at it, but I can't roller skate. I completely understand how it's supposed to be done and what techniques to use...I just can't do it. I make an awesome caddy though because I have good advice and I kept score.
  • It's sunny outside right now. That's pretty kick ass. It's also supposed to be warmish...maybe in the 50s. Zach and I are going to walk home which should be pretty fun. Then we might hit the park after our workout (today it's legs, gotta work on those calves) and practice with the Frisbee. Zach's good, but I really think he needs to practice the fundamentals.
  • I keep calling this nun at the church across the street from me. Zach and I have to take a class if we want to get married in the church. She keeps not calling me back. Can everyone pray to God to make her call me back? I'm assuming that's how the system works. Tell her boss and I'll be really grateful.
  • I have to go now. I need to work on figuring out what every one's wearing to the wedding. My mom and everyone else apparently are dying to know. I gotta tell you, show up in potato sacks for all I care. I don't want a big white dress, but whatever. I must continue on.
Out.




*20 points for knowing this quote for those of you playing our home addition.
**It's a running joke now. Yes, funny.

No comments: