Monday, April 28, 2008

Every Party has a Pooper, that's Why We Invited You

This was a wild and crazy weekend around our house. Unfortunately, I like neither wild nor crazy things, so I wasn't exactly pleased, but whatever. If we filled the Grand Canyon with all the things that displease me, well, it'd be pretty damn full, let's just leave it at that.

On Friday, it was sort of a low-key night though out of the ordinary. It was raining incredibly hard as I left to go pick up the form for the church classes from that nun. So I got completely soaked from my shoes to my knees and my arms were damp as well. Then as I was waiting for the bus, the rain stopped. If I hadn't gone to get the church form I probably would have remained dry. The best part about the whole church thing was that after keeping me in limbo (ha, score, church term) for a little over a month, the nun finally gives me the information and it is utterly useless to me. UTTERLY USELESS. We can't take any of those classes anyway. It was a big waste of my time and energy to get this nun to help me out. I was upset by that. But really the best part of Friday was the tornado warning. At least the buses were still running and we got home. I have to say that with all the warnings that happen and then no tornadoes, it is just setting everyone up to ignore the warning, but whatever. After we got home and got dry, Zach and I ate dinner and watched TV for a bit. Then one of my other roommates and I went to Target and the grocery store and then came home and drank a bottle of champagne and went to bed. That was fun. So I got to bed around 1 on Friday.

On Saturday I bummed around the house for a bit then Z and I hit up the mall again. Z got some clothes and shoes and I got two purses. I'll have to take pictures of them. It was a buy one get one for 88 cents and they are super cute purses. Then we went to Menard's and got potting supplies for our garden and some fun stuff like that. We came home, ordered pizza and wings and had our neighbors over to watch the Orioles v. Sox game. It was a fun time. We ate and drank and socialized with all the roommates and our neighbors. It was all going fine for me until I tried to go to bed at 12:30...and that's when it really went down hill I feel.

So one of our neighbors had to leave because he had work the next day, but the other one did not have to leave. My three roommates (that includes Z) and the neighbor were downstairs talking and drinking when I went to bed...they remained that way until about 5 in the morning. During that time I fell asleep from about 12:35 until about 2 AM. Then I was pretty much awake though trying desperately to will myself to sleep from about 2 until 5 when I just decided, "if you can't beat them, get up and clean the house." THEY WERE SO F*ING LOUD. Sweet Lord. I don't know how many times we've all mentioned that the house doesn't seem to be very soundproofed between the walls and floors. Sounds carry in the house. EVERYONE has commented on this. So EVERYONE was aware that if they were loud (or hell, even just not quiet as a mouse) that the sound would carry. You'd think that 4 people could put all these facts together:
1. Sounds carry in this house really well.
2. It's between 12:30 AM and 5 AM.
3. There is at least one person in the house trying to sleep (if not the neighbors on the other side of our wall).
4. WE ARE BEING REALLY F*ING LOUD.

If they had managed to connect the dots there they might have thought to shut the hell up, but alas, apparently not. I just kept hoping that they'd stop and go to bed soon, so I just stayed in bed. Also, maybe TMI, but I wasn't really wearing pajamas and I didn't feel like getting dressed just to go downstairs and yell at people. If I had thought that they would quiet down I might have, but I've dealt with people who are drinking or adolescents before and it never works. It really reminded me of the many times I've been at a sleepover or camp out (with the Girl Scouts) and have decided that I was done and wanted to sleep. I would lay there until I could take it no more and then I'd start being snarky and telling everyone to shut up. It never really worked then either, but I'm sure that everyone thought I was just the biggest wet blanket ever. Yeah, I get it, no fun. But you know what? At least I'm respectful of your needs, you jerkwads.

So at 5 AM when I decided that they were pretty much never going to sleep and that I wasn't going back to sleep, I got up. I took a shower and then I went downstairs. At this point they were mostly leaving to go to bed. I cleaned the living room, the kitchen, took out the trash, put all the cans/bottles/etc. in the recycling and then I started on my chores. I cleaned both bathrooms and I cleaned up my bedroom and started doing laundry. I'm not going to lie. I tried to be loud if I could. I wasn't really loud unfortunately. I should have brought out the radio and cranked the tunes and then when they all got mad told them that I thought all bets were off. Bastards. I cleaned, organized and did chores for a bit. Then I went on a walk and saw some birds which was neat. I jogged for a little bit (emphasis on a little bit) and then I went downstairs and did my arm workout (I can bench about 45 lbs. now...so good). Then I bummed around for a bit more. I did most of the laundry by the time that Zach woke up again. He helped with the last couple loads. I took a nap from about 2:30 - 3:30 and then I ended up going to bed around 9 last night. The day went by slowly. I decided that the roommates were not inconsiderate, just ignorant...though that's a poor excuse in my opinion, but whatever.

And that was this weekend. I'm sure it says more about how lame I am rather than how lame the roommates are, but that's your opinion and this is my blog, so keep it to yourself.

No comments: