Thursday, May 22, 2008

Now is as good a time as any...

It seems sort of wrong that I haven't posted in forever and then I decide to post to say that I won't be posting for awhile longer, but them's the breaks folks! And for the 2 people that read this blog, suck it up! Just kidding. I appreciate all my loyal readers- tell your friends. Think of this blog as a pyramid scheme, the more people you can get to read it, the funnier it will be! Just trust me!!

Anyway, I can't form paragraphs today or use clever transitions (when do I ever, right?) so I am going to go with that fantastic stand-by - the list format. Don't fight it, love it!

1. On Friday, May 16, I had the oral defense of my comps papers. If I have not complained to you about the comps process yet, allow me to catch you up. I had to write to 40 pages papers on two topics not really related to my research. I defended them on Friday. I "passed with reservations" which means I had to rewrite two sections of one of the topics. A pain, but I suppose at least I passed.

2. I'm teaching a course this summer. That's fine. I'm excited. I'm not excited about having to find someone to cover the class so that I can have time to get married. It doesn't really seem fair. I wish I could just cancel class that whole week, but that'd probably be wrong.

3. Z and I are leaving at 3 today to go to Chicago so that we can fly out of O'Hare tomorrow to Seattle. A little family vacation with his family. Then we fly down to Oakland for a wedding at the end of the month. It should be good times, it will also be the reason I'm not posting, and I will try to bring you all pictures. We'll see.

4. I've packed one teeny, tiny suitcase with all of our clothes and such. I have a purse, small carry-on and Z has a backpack and that's it. I really, really stuffed a lot of things in there. I think it's cool, but maybe we'll have to take out some clothes and repack some things at Grandma's house before we go. I should have room for souvenirs. But you would all probably be proud of the amount of things I've been able to pack in that suitcase. Although I have to admit to the fact that one pocket of Zach's backpack is filled with socks. And a tie. And a bra. But still, I packed a lot of stuff into a small amount of space, go me!

5. I have a bunch of other stuff to do today. I was going to write more for this post, but I'm boring and time waits for no man. I still have to clean the bathrooms, dust and vacuum, pack up some snacks, pack the car and shower before I go pick up Z at 3, so I've got a real full day. Oh yeah, plus I have to take care of any last minute email work things. My life is so full it's hard to convey via the written word.

Anyway, have a great time yourselves. I'll be back when I can...and hopefully I'll have pictures and stories from the Pacific Northwest. End transmission.

No comments: