I make this announcement in case I have not told anyone who happens to read this blog - I will not be going to Phoenix, home of my family, for Christmas this year. It's the first time in 28 years (or 29 years...Zach, I need your help on this one, how many Christmases have I lived? I get so confused about it because there is the zero year...I digress). Anyway, it's been a way long time since I have not spent the holiday with my family...although last year when I was stuck in Crapsville (sorry, Iowa) I wasn't really spending the time with my family either. But this year I will be spending the holiday with my brand-spanking-new-in-laws in Pennsylvania...another place where it snows and is freezing during the winter instead of warm(ish), sunny Arizona. I kid, I kid, I'm not complaining. I'm really not, I think it will be fun to go there. I know that Zach is looking forward to going home more than anything. I am happy to be going and I know that it is likely to become some sort of tradition as I hear that's what married people have to do. They travel for the holidays to both of their family homes. I'm interested to see how that will go. Actually, we aren't going for Christmas, we're going from Dec 27 - Jan 4, so that should be exciting.
The only real thing is that is sadder than missing Jesus' birthday with my family and friends is that I'll be missing MY birthday. I suppose it will all be fine in the end, I'll have a quiet night of single serving cake (read: a whole cake), and I'll sing myself Happy Birthday. No, no, don't pity me. It's fine. I've always wanted to spend the birthday before I'm 30 all by myself. And Zach will be home around midnight or something, so that will be fine. Just go on with your lives. It's all good.
Ok, I'm off now. I just wanted everyone to know that I am not dead. I'm fine. I feel a little bit sick right now, but I think it's just because we went out last night and I almost overindulged and I think I have some sort of snippet of a potential cold, but I also think that I have such an awesome immune system that I'm keeping it at bay. Zach and I would probably have super beautiful babies because we both have really good immune systems.
Also, just so you know, I got my hair cut last week and it is super cute. SUPER CUTE. Not everyone can say that without sounding conceited, but I can, because it's true.
No comments:
Post a Comment