I'm all jazzed up. Not really. Actually, I'm pretty tired. I was going to start this blog entry with an apology for not posting lately. But then I remembered that apologizing is a sign of weakness. Sure, there are those that will tell you that it takes a strong person to admit they are wrong and apologize, but those people are wrong. They should apologize.
Anywho, I can't string together a long narrative that's all impressive and weaves together several key stories from the week in order to provide you with a cleverly conveyed impression of my life this lately. So I choose short random bits of information. Why? Because IT'S MY BLOG. Here at My Blog is Better Than Your Blog we do what we want! And by we, I mean the "royal we".
Ok, first, it's past my bedtime. If I am going to drive to Chicago tomorrow (as is the game plan) early in the morning, I should be asleep by now. My husband is going to sleep as I drive. I like to refer to Zach as my husband because a) He is and b) it's a fun word. It's like some weird rock group. The HUS Band is here everyone, let's give them a round of applause. Wow. Yeah, tired, did I mention that?
This week and last week and even the week before that have been BUSY. I know that I don't work your traditional 9-5 job. Actually, I don't really know anyone who works 9 - 5. It's usually some variation of that, but anyway, I don't work 9 - 5, but damn do I work a lot lately. A lot of my work involves thinking about things. When I type that out, "thinking about things", it doesn't sound like hard work. Surely, "lifting heavy objects" sounds like more work, but man after a day of thinking things, I am all worn out.
I think you know you aren't in the healthiest place in life if you start to teach personal hygiene as a reward/punishment. For example, the other night I actually had the following conversation with myself (in my head, I'm not that crazy...yet):
"Hey Rose, you did a lot of really good work today. You did so well that you don't have to brush your teeth or wash your face tonight."
"Really? Seriously? That sounds great."
And then I didn't brush my teeth or wash my face. To be honest, it was the best part of my day.
Someone was telling me the other day that they think blogs are stupid because it's just such an odd thing to basically have a diary on-line and blah, blah, who would have a blog? And I just sort of said, "uh...yeah".
I wanted to list out all the work I've done today and this week in general, but that just seems so soul-crushingly hard right now.
I've got a new favorite phrase that has worked its way into my vocabulary, "soul-crushingly..." I don't know where these phrases come from or why they stick around, but I tend to get a phrase or expression and then just work it to death. I can't help it.
Some past examples include: "freakshow", "uber" and "really?"
I think I have to go to bed now. I need to leave for Chicago tomorrow as we discussed at the beginning of this entry. Zach and I will most likely forget the camera and even if we do bring it we will then forget to take pictures of anything. I'll try to work up some drawings for you of our weekend next time I blog. Until then...take care of yourselves and each other.*
*I am 99% sure that this is the way that Jerry Springer ended his show for years. I'm not ashamed to think that I know that, but you're going to be ashamed if you can correct me.
2 comments:
you are correct, rose.
I miss your snark... any more coming any time soon?
Post a Comment