It's nice that today is Wednesday. That means we just get through today and then only two more days until the weekend. I like that notion. I should only ever work a 4 day week. Or a 3 day week. That would be pretty sweet. I'm not one of those unimaginative losers that needs a job to fill my days. No, if I won the lottery I could totally sit around doing "nothing" with my days. Or if you won the lottery and wanted to invest the money wisely and give me some, I could do nothing with my days as well. Let me know if that is an option for anyone.
Today I thought I would mention that as Zach and I left for work it was 0 degrees out. Zero. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. And, though it may sound sarcastic, the wind chill was negligible so it felt like zero, and I think that really helps. Tonight with the wind chill it is supposed to be -25 degrees. Isn't that awesome? Seriously? -25? What the hell is wrong with the midwest? People should have artificially manufactured mountains to block the wind. I mean, wow, work on it people. Our ancestors were seriously lazy people. Didn't they want to give their progeny a better life?
I also thought that today I would share what is to become the typical routine in our lives. I love a good routine. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I like nothing better than being in a rut. Love it. Stability is great. Predictability a godsend. Here's what our work day looks like: We get up at 4:30 AM. Well, I get up at 4:30 and then take a shower and the alarm goes off at 4:40 for Zach and he lays there for a bit. Then he takes a shower. I make breakfast, turn on the coffee, pour some iced tea. We eat together and watch the weather and the news...although today I discovered that Destinos is on at 5 and 5:30 on PBS. For those of you not familiar with Destinos, I pity you. It is perhaps the greatest show ever made for those wanting to learn Spanish. I remember fondly my college days of watching Destinos. You can learn more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destinos, what can't you learn about on Wikipedia? Things you don't need to know. Then we get ready for work, leave about 6:14 and catch the 6:23 bus in. Zach gets off at the hospital, I get off at the downtown interchange and walk to work. We work apart for about 8 hours. I leave to catch the 3:15 bus and he gets on in a bit. Then we walk home together. It's nice. I like being able to go to work together and even though admitting this makes me sound like a total dork, I really look forward to seeing him when he gets on the bus.
Ok, well, now that I've made this confession I feel like, we're good. I would also encourage you to check out the Peptalks from Peyton Manning if you haven't already. I don't know why, but the one about having a gut just gets me every time. Is that wrong? I think it is and I'm not shilling for MasterCard, but he is, and it's funny to me: http://www.priceless.com/us/personal/en/extras/peptalks/index.html
Enjoy the internet on me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment