Apparently Zach and I now have a matching set of cranky pants. I've always wanted to dress identically with someone and now I can, if only in the abstract. We're very cranky at Chez My Blog is Better Than Your Blog. Very. I think it's just the little things that are wearing us down and making it so that every day seems just a little bit harder to function. If only we could get some Prozac in our water. The government should really start working on that program. Oh yeah, sure you can put fluoride in the water, but you won't consider mind-altering substances. Lazy. Just lazy.
Here is a list of things that have made Zach and I cranky recently:
1. Work - the fact that we have to go to it. I'm worried about comps because I think I might be too stupid to actually pass and that makes me really sad.
2. The cold - it's bitterly cold and icy and snowy lately and that makes going to work pretty crappy.
3. The dark - it's dark a lot and that's not good for anyone's mood. Plus not only are we in the time of year when daylight is scarce, but it's cloudy here. Cloudy all the time really. Big fat lie about Iowa being sunnier than State College.
4. The house - let's see. Where to start? So many fantastic things there. Maybe I'll just go with the fact that the garage door got stuck open yesterday and both roommates just left it open and only one (who didn't even get the door stuck, just found out about it as she was leaving the house) even told me. I respect that not everyone knows that the release for the door is the big, red handle thing that hangs down and that if you pull it you can move the door manually. But I also think it's somewhat odd that everyone just decided to leave the door open, not call the landlord, not tell me about it until I was close to going home and then expect that I would take care of it. I mean, I assume that was the expectation and I did. Zach and I called the landlord, manually put the door down and told him he needs to come fix it...he's in Miami though. Apparently when you are a landlord you get to leave town, not tell your tenants and if something breaks tell them to hang on and you'll be home in about a week.
Oh there are other things. Wedding planning. The environmental cost of electricity. The condition of the roads. All sorts of things. If I had to guess I'd say we've caught a little case of cabin fever.
Perhaps your lives are going swimmingly. If so, I wish you the best. If not, join the club.
2 comments:
That's the Rose I know.
maybe you and Zach should take a little trip down to the tanning salon. Get you some vitamin D. Now there's a mind altering drug you can use!
That was sort of a play off a Lisa Simpson quote "Duh! a challenge I could do!". but not really.
Post a Comment