Rose,
The panel of Librarians met this afternoon to review the entries in the With Love from the Libraries contest and decided to give you a runner-up prize for your entry. They liked your creativity in re-casting the scene in Romeo & Juliet with yourself and a librarian.
As the runner-up, you'll receive two tickets to Tuesday's performance of Jazz at Lincoln Center. These are student tickets, so you'll need to take your UI student ID with you.
Can you pick up the tickets at the Psychology Library? Hancher is sending them over this afternoon, so we don't actually have them yet.
Congratulations.
The thing that I find amusing is that I don't think there was a runner-up prize. I'm pretty sure that they only did this contest because they got a donation of two tickets to the show and the dinner before hand (which I saw on the website is sold out). The tickets that I am getting are student tickets...so I think they bought them special or something...perhaps out of pity for me. Maybe I was one of two people that entered and they didn't want me to be the only loser. Who can say? All I know is, my writing skillz pay the billz...no, not really. I'm hoping that I can turn in the contest entry as partial fulfillment of the requirements for my degree. That would be so sweet. Here's hoping!In other news, over on A Foot and A Half there is a contest to nominate someone to receive flowers for Valentine's Day. The winning nomination gets flowers from Jesse. I nominated myself. Here's what I said:
I nominate myself to receive flowers for the following reasons:
1. You haven't ever bought me flowers unless you count the time that you helped Sara deliver flowers to Stacey and I as a secret admirer thing and I got all pissed off...and I don't.
2. This is the last Valentine's Day that I will be eligible to receive flowers from someone other than a relative or Zach and it seems cruel not to take advantage of that.
3. It's likely that since we are super poor I will not be receiving anything for Valentine's Day.
4. While a Frostie is cheaper than flowers, it's hard to get one of those sent via UPS.
5. Only about 6 more months and then you'll have to hold your peace forever.
6. I'm the first one to respond to this which shows how much I read and check your blog and how much I love you.
7. I am pretty short and I am into nerds...and 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
8. You didn't take me to prom and I had to go alone.
9. One word: Stacey.
10. I would really appreciate it and I would accept flowers that aren't roses, so you could go cheap if you wanted.
And he's what one person replied. This person is named Ben, but for the duration I will call him,
"Bastard Enjoys Necrophilia and being a total jerkwad and obviously is a total loser", so B.E.N. for short-
B.E.N. said (be careful, he uses a little nasty language):
send flowers to my friend, Anastacia.
She has absolutely no luck with boys. her stats are as follows:
Social Retard, single, has bronchitis, dsl (not the internet connection), likes all forms of music from garbage to Alicia keys,
she puts hot sauce on everything, she hates valentines (probably cause she has never received anything) her hobbies include singing and making music, dancing, working on old tandys, looking at dualcore processor schematics, U.S. foreign policy specifically between 1930-1960, Swimming.
I'm the second one to respond to this which shows my maturity and restraint from just going full on into a dick shaker without warming it up.
Rose may have went to prom alone..but bad things happen to bad people. greedy people, who want the flowers for themselves.
Besides, the terrible joke..flowers for a girl named ROSE? Give me a break.
To B.E.N. I have to say, "Screw you, B.E.N." If you have to blow out someone else's candle to make yours glow brighter than you have a pathetic candle. Additionally, this girl is so wonderful and deserves flowers...how come you're not buying them for her? I think maybe it's time for you to be a man and do it yourself, Suck face. You can all go over and berate B.E.N. on your own as well. Have fun with it.
Enjoy the weekend, people!
1 comment:
Your anger will only make him stronger.
Post a Comment