Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful

It's snowing right now. Snowing pretty hard I'd say. According to those liars over at weather.com we're looking at 8 -12 inches total accumulation. I'm guessing they might not be that far off today. That's crappy in my opinion. Very crappy indeed.

I'm going to lunch today with a visiting scholar. Not crazy in itself, happens all the time. The crazy part though...all of the graduate students have to pay for their own lunch. Apparently that's how they do it here. You have to pay tuition AND they make you go to lunch with people who are interviewing or visiting, but you have to pay for it! That's crazy. I think that's really inappropriate. I didn't know when I accepted the lunch invitation that I would be paying. Oh well.

Perhaps the whole thing will be scraped because of the snow. I doubt it though. Apparently they only cancel classes at the University level for "really, really bad snow". I'm not sure what that means. I would have stayed home today, but I have things to do.

Well, I don't seem to have anything constructive to say except that snow is evil. Oh and if you want to go over to Jesse's blog you can vote for me to receive flowers for Valentine's Day. I'm all about winning a contest.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I'm not sure more votes will help. In fact, I'm not sure how I'll decide a winner. Anna just made a compelling argument for her friend though.