Wednesday, August 27, 2008

P is for Pissed Off

Right now I'm wearing pants, cranky pants. VERY CRANKY PANTS. I'm working on changing my name and it's a hassle. I find that amusing because at first I thought, "man, that's gonna be a big old hassle". But then when I started the process and it seemed easy enough. I still haven't received my new social security card though. Apparently though the post office doesn't have an office name change form, they are very particular about what name appears in my mailbox. Not so particular as to not deliver mail with both my old name and new name on it, but I guess just picky enough to send my social security card back to the home office because they felt that the new name was not properly represented in the mailbox. Next to Zach's last name...which as we've been discussing is my last name too. Written on the ever so official note card. By me. Seriously? That's the solution? I wrote out the names before, I could write anything I want on there. Why are we treating the mailbox like it's some fortress? At least I hope that they just didn't deliver the social security card not. I hope it's not that someone stole it and is using it to establish a whole new awesome identity.

So I'm pissed, peeved, provoked, not happy. And I took it out on someone today. Because not only don't I have a social security card which means no driver's license, etc., but the school emailed me and told me that they won't accept my maiden name as my middle name because they don't have official documentation even though they allowed it to go through before. Well, when I called her (via her email instructions) she told me that they wouldn't accept it, blah, blah and so I did say "bye", but then I sort of slammed down the receiver abruptly and I felt bad. So I sent her this email:

"I think that I was unnecessarily abrupt when I said good bye on the phone today. I wanted to apologize. It's been frustrating trying to get my name changed and I started to take that out on you. I am very sorry. I know that there is no excuse and wanted to let you know that it won't happen again. I hope you have a very nice day otherwise."

She wrote back and thanked me for my email. I felt bad though. I always hated when people were rude to me for no reason just because I was the one answering the phone. I hope that it didn't ruin her day.

P is also for paranoid. Because, and I'm sure this will come as a newsflash, I think I might be dying. I made some apple muffins the other day and I think they went bad, not "rob a liquor store bad", but moldy bad. I was eating one for awhile before I noticed that it didn't taste right. So I might die. Apparently Zach ate one today too...so he might die too.

If I make it through the night, I'll write more tomorrow. If I make it until Monday I am going to stay home all day and watch A MURDER SHE WROTE MARATHON!!!!!! I'm so happy, 26 miles of Jessica Fletcher! Oh, I hope I make it.

Peace out.

No comments: