Thanks to my two loyal readers, Haytee and Sara for the questions. I appreciate that you take the time to comment. To the rest of my readers (read: Jesse), it hurts when you don't participate. So, without further ado, the answers to your questions:
Middle Name: Alexander
Milestones: Well, this is actually going to be a sort of a shocking confession. I think that we might be here another 2 years (this year and then next year, graduating in 2010). The reason for that is there are a lot of things to do before I graduate. Technically as far as the school is concerned I need to write and defend my dissertation. I also need to have some first authored papers before applying for a job and if I applied now, I don't have any in print. If I apply next year, the plan is that I would likely have 2, so I think we will wait. It would also be way less stressful for me than if I was trying to get a job/postdoc and do my dissertation all right now. Wow, I feel like I have made a major confession. This only came about in the last 2 weeks.
Plant: Z's favorite plant is, "I love all plants, except the kind that are hard to take care of because I don't like things that think they're better than me."
Floss: I try to floss at least every other day. That being said, it's actually been awhile. But according to the dentist, I'm looking good.
Shoes: No, I've moved 5 times in the last 5 years and at some point, I stopped dragging them around with me. Although they will always have a place in my heart because I don't understand their existence.
Centerpointe: I think that my brother told me that. Strange.
Z: Yes
Dating: Sure, you can definitely tell people that. Also if I come up in conversation, you should mention the following things: successful, almost done with her Ph.D. (make it sound like I'm on my second Ph.D. if you can), had a fabulous wedding, married to an incredible guy, also if you can bring some old pictures of when I was skinnier than I was in high school and show those around as though they are recent, that'd be great.
Reunion: Well, interestingly (or not), there are in fact, two reunion options, that "just happen" to be at the same time, though "not on purpose". I love that it's been 10 years and some people haven't left high school. Anyway, the "official" reunion is:
Sat Oct 11th 2008
Hilton Garden: 11460 W Hilton Way Avondale, AZ
6-7pm Open Reception - Cash Bar & App's
7-11 Dinner & Dancing
Cost is $60
The "unofficial" bbq is:
October 11th 2008
Rio Vista Community Park
8866 W. Thunderbird Rd. - Rio Vista Boulevard
1/4 mile west of Loop 101 on Thunderbird Rd.
Start time 6pm : Park closes at 10:30pm
**We can always head somewhere after if were having a good time
Price is $20 per person
You had to be on myspace to receive word of either of those events. I maintain that is stupid. But there you go. You have to RSVP to both so if you are really going, let me know and I'll get you the contact information.
Well, I hope we've learned a lot about, um, things today. If you have more questions, I'll answer them. I'm all about serving the people.
Rose says, "ba-bye".
1 comment:
wow - Rose is full of info!
Post a Comment