I'm posting now because I will apparently do anything to get out of actually working on this paper that I am supposed to be writing. I *might* even be forced to do some of the reading for my class on Wednesday. That's how desperate I have become to forestall the inevitable. I might even take a walk outside...even though it's windy and raining. Yeah, it's bad.
I am determined to cheer myself up today, so I'm going to write a list (yes! a list!!) of some of the things that are going on now that I should be happy about. So here goes...
1. It's not hot today. Sure, it's sort of windy and it's sort of raining. And yeah, it's really damn dark, but at least it's not hot. And that's a nice change of pace. For some people. I would assume.
2. I'm drinking iced tea. I do love me some iced tea. And even though there's barely room in the fridge for the tea and I can't keep the lemons in the fridge because there's no room for them, at least I have lemons and iced tea. And there are people who can't say that right now. So I feel blessed.
3. While I'm at it, I should also feel blessed that our refrigerator is so packed full of stuff like alcohol (not mine) and cake (which I won't eat and takes up a whole shelf) that I can't fit everything in there. I mean there are definitely people who don't have food, or whose roommates don't have food and their lives are sadder for it.
4. I accomplished a lot of running around today and I was able to get my car registered for Iowa. Sure, it was $50 for part of the year and has to be done again in January for another $84. And sure, Iowa is a two-plate state, so I had to spend $25 to get a license plate holder mounted on the front of my car. But at least I can check that off the list. Now I am official.
5. I have a series of bug bites on my arms and legs and hand (or at least, Dear God, I hope that those are some sort of bug bites and not some horrible disease), but as Ned Flanders says, "It sure is satisfying to scratch them".
6. I keep sneezing due to allergies (or death knocking on my door), but that's ok because I like dripping snot from my nose and continuously shutting my eyes and making that little screaming noise that my mom makes and that I swore was ridiculous, but seems to be getting louder as I age until one day I'm just going to be her which is cool because she's great and all, but why do we have to sneeze so loud...and never sleep a night through.
7. I'm not even being mocking on this one, Murder, She Wrote is on 5 times today. And the first time that happens is in a little over an hour. I'm really happy.
Hope everyone is in as good a mood as I am. No, actually I hope you are all happy today in readerland. Good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment