Today I'm not admitting that I was wrong. I'm just saying that I've stated something in the past that I was convinced of, but now I'm convinced in a different direction. I'm hardly ever wrong, I think over the tenure of our relationship you would know that by now. But sometimes I change my mind. And that's ok. That shows growth as a person. It should be commended.
In the past I may have told you, or emailed you or whined incessantly for an hour about how much I hate the cold, seasons and the chipper attitude with which people from climates with seasons espouse their LOVE of the seasons. Seriously, the "I love (not heart...because that's a symbol that means love people, not a word to be used...seriously) the seasons, the seasons are great." Well, now I sorta have to take back those things I said. Although to say I am taking them back admits defeat and I will NEVER admit defeat. So I guess I need to amend what I've said in the past.
Turns out, I love the change of seasons. I still hate winter. Winter is a bitch mother whelping demon dogs from hell. Winter is the antithesis of all things good. Winter = bad. Additionally, the humidity part of summer can kiss my .......toe. Kiss is humidity. I'm not impressed by you. However, Fall? Spring? Well, wow. Let me tell you. The change of seasons is pretty freaking amazing.
Fall comes at the end of summer. It's right after August - the month where it is both hot and really, really humid. And then suddenly - cool, crisp, non-humid, perfect fall. Not too cold. Not too hot. Sweaters, maybe a little jacket. Cute outfits with tights (not for me, but other people can rock the look). It's awesome. It comes at such a nice time too. Because I'm tired of being hot and uncomfortable. We had a bit of fall last week...and then this week was just like, "screw you, Rose, I'm going to be hot and somewhat muggy." But I think that the fall is coming back. And I am so ready for it. I bought a crock pot. I can make slow cook meals all day and warm the house. I'm so ready for the fall. I can wear a scarf, but I don't HAVE to do it. The leaves change colors and are really pretty, and it's not like winter when all the trees are bare and you just see the world for the bleak wasteland that it is...oh winter, no.
Spring is awesome too because it's like Winter's PR person doing damage control. Winter makes you hate life and nature in general. Unless you are doing winter in Arizona and then winter is super awesome. Winter is the best. Winter in Arizona is like Fall in cold places. But winter in cold places does nothing for the image of nature. It makes you want to pollute and consume resources because what has nature ever given you except the cold depression of winter. But then, just as you think you can't take it any more. Spring. The first buds on the trees. Flowers start to poke their heads up. It's breath-taking. And it feels so good. That's why people worship the renewal of life in the spring because Winter feels like death and then Spring comes and breathes new life into the world. Amazing.
Come back, Fall. I'll be good I promise. Just come back and make it cold enough for me to wear my grandma's sweater and I'll be so happy. Make it crock pot weather, I implore you. And to those of you without the season change - come visit. It's worth the trip.
1 comment:
I like winters in Boulder more than in Arizona or GA... the snow falls gently - it's amazing.
I don't like driving in the snow, though.
Post a Comment